Monday, November 25, 2013

My first and only birthday in the mission field.

My piece of birthday cake.
 
Ismael bakes me a birthday cake!
 
It was a week that was a little more rough to be honest, but it doesn´t matter we still enjoy it all the same.  We had some pretty cool experiences.  First off, it was my birthday, and so all of our investigators made me cake.  It was a day of fun and joy!  A recent convert bought me a pair of really nice boots.  She always tells me that I am her preferred missionary, but secretly it´s just because I am from the United States.  Ismael called us on monday and said, "You guys are coming over tomorrow right?  Because I am preparing everything right now."  It was my first and last birthday in Argentina, but it was absolutely fantastic. 
 
Cutting the cake!


My companion and I walking home.

The other day we had a pretty cool experience.  The two people that we are working the most with are Ismael and Hilda.  Ismael always gives us fruit because he works in a fruit stand.  Normally he is our last appointment so we carry a bag of fruit to the house, but we visited him during the day on Saturday.  When he gave us the fruit, we didn´t know what to do because we still had to work and we didn´t want to carry a bag around with us all day.  Anyway, we left the house and went to our next appointment with Hilda.  We didn´t know what we were going to do with the fruit, I had the bag behind my scriptures so that Hilda didn´t see anything.  When she was talking, she started to explain that she had absolutely nothing to eat because her money was stolen.  I grabbed the bag of fruit and put it on her table.  She said, "Huh?  what´s this?"  When she realized that it was fruit, she refused.  It took about a half an hour to explain that we didn´t want the fruit because we needed to walk really far and it was actually a burden for us.  She started to cry.  It was really humbling for us because we never have fears that we aren´t going to have anything to eat.  

Our investigator Margarita.

Anyway, that was pretty much it.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope you all eat a lot of Turkey for me!



Con Ismael on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment