Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"Do you guys realize that you have all the answers to my questions?"

Hermana Gaona, Hermana Rodriguez, me, and Hermana Ibana.
 
Wow, I didn´t realize how different it was going to be training.  I love my companion.  She´s great, but I am teaching a lot.  Like how to do laundry, read a map, clean, use a blender... It´s pretty interesting.  Thanks for teaching me, mom.  Anyway, we have been seeing success.  We have been finding a lot of people.  For example, we were in the area of an ex investigator who was great, but we could never find her again, but we decided to stop by her house.  We found her and her son and when we explained the Restoration, her son Pablo said to us, "Do you guys realize that you have all of the answers to my questions?"  He is really great, too bad he had to leave town, but it´s okay because they are really great.  Also, the other day, we were in the street looking for a referencia.  We knocked a couple doors to find them (which was an interesting experience in and of itself), but we couldn´t so we decided to ask people in the street.  We started talking to this guy, and he told us, "Oh hey, I always went to your church in La Pampa, but when I moved here, I couldn´t find it."  Good think for him, the church found him.

There has been a lot of rain lately.  Last monday, we were in downtown area of our zone and it started to rain really hard at 7, we were about an hour away from our house without good rainy weather attire.  My poor companion, I have put her through a lot of things.  Also, Halloween it rained so much!  Here they don´t celebrate Halloween so I hope that it was an awesome Holiday for the rest of you!  It rained so much that on our way home, we were so soaked.  We stopped into a bread shop to buy pastries and then we stood in the rain eating our pastries really far away from the house.  It was really great.

That´s pretty much all that I have time for, but something funny.  Our President Parreño was in our church the other day and they had a meeting with the zone leaders after church in the same building.  We got a call during lunch saying that presidente, his wife, the elders, and an investigator were locked inside the church.  Everyone left from the church and locked the door.  We didn´t have the key because the other hermanas had it.  16 missed calls from the Elders.  hahaha  We laughed a lot.  Even though I am sure they had really important meetings and stuff.

Anyway that´s pretty much it, everything is going peachy.  Also, my spanish is coming along rather well.  An investigador was surprised when I told her that I spoke english because she thought that Spanish was my only language.  So that was pretty cool, I guess.  Well, that´s all.  Love you, write me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment