Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Water, Water - Everywhere! Except in our house!

 
The rain created a river in the street!
What a week.  First off, it´s starting to warm up.  It´s starting to warm up a lot.  And there is this awesome thing that happens in Argentina when it´s warm.  Sometimes the water just stops working in the houses.  The pressure drops a lot and since we live on the second story, we don´t have water.  After three days of no water, we called our pensionero and so we got to stay in mission home.  It was awesome, but none of us could sleep, but it felt really good to be in a house that was really nice.  Still we have no water during the day and when we return.  To flush the toilet, we have to keep bottles or water ready, pour it into the wall, and then flush.  It´s really fun.  The only problem is that it requires a lot of water and the bottles are used to fill up our drinking water.  (We aren´t allowed to drink from the tap.)  So it´s been an interesting week, the day after, we went to the other hermanas in villa floresta.  It´s such a hassle though, so we decided to just live with not having water.  It´s great fun.

The crazy thing is that we went from not having water, to having a ton of water.  It rained and stormed really bad.  So bad that there was water leaking in and collecting on my bed because I sleep on the top bunk.  Sadly that´s not the first time.  They are trying to find a new house for us because the house we live in is about to fall apart.  But we enjoy it.

Also, with the extra water, there were more mosquitos.  My companion told me that the mosquitos here have Argentine Pride so they do more damage.  My arms were swollen for a while, and I still have the bites 4 days later, but all is well here in Bahía.
 
Mosquito bites!  They have Argentina Pride!
 

On to the spiritual, Yesterday was the confirmation of Teresa and it was excellent and really spiritual.  Also, it was Mother´s day. So Happy Mother´s Day!  All in all it was great and our investigator Ismael came, too.  His life is changing so much, it´s absolutely fantastic.  

We also found a lady named Hilda this week.  She has NO trust in anyone.  All she tells me is "You have german face, you are german, I never let anyone in my house, why did I let you in?"  She´s pretty awesome so we are going to bring her to the church this sunday.  If I am still here.  Wednesday are Transfers so I don´t know if I will still be here.

Well that´s pretty much all for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment