Monday, December 30, 2013

The Most Memorable Christmas of My Life!

Merry Christmas!

Our Beautiful Christmas Tree

So I am sure that you are all wondering how christmas was for me in Argentina.  Well, it was probably the most... memorable christmas of my life.  In the morning we decided we wanted to do a little christmas caroling because we didn´t have appointments for the day, but we didn´t want the work to stop so we knocked some doors and started to sing christmas carols (note: here, they have no idea what christmas caroling is).  When they opened the doors and we started singing, their faces were the funniest things ever.  And as missionaries, we have seen many interesting faces.  Anyway, one of the houses that we went to, the man that answered had a super funny face, and then he started to scream some names.  30 seconds later, 3 people came out of the house to hear us sing.  Two of them had down syndrome and they started laughing, clapping, and singing with us.  It was absolutely fantastic because they were really grateful for the time that we took during the christmas holiday to spread some cheer.  It was the best.  All day, we were saying, "this is the best christmas ever."  We kept working...  AND THEN.

My companion started to feel sick at about 5:45 (we were going to leave to talk to our families and 6:30)... we decided to go back to the house for a little bit because we didn´t want to be sick while talking to our families.  We were walking, and next thing I know, my companion is throwing up on the side of the street.  We realized that we needed to go to the house.  As we were walking to the house, the other hermanas called us.  They told us that Hermana Ortiz was throwing up.  Yeah, it turns out that we ate something that was super bad in our bodies.  I don´t want to give you all of the details, but let´s just say that at one moment, three out of four of us were puking in various areas of the house.  We ended up in the hospital that night (and our families didn´t know that we weren´t going to be there). We all got shots, but yeah... all we can eat now is white rice.  YAY, MERRY CHRISTMAS.

That is pretty much all.  

Now with our investigators..

Alicia is still doing super well.  The other day we were teaching her (and she absolutely loves joking around)  For example when we taught the word of wisdom, she said, "yeah, I accept everything because I know that this church is true..... I will give up the alcohol, but I will never give up my illegal drugs"... she´s the only 83 year old woman I know that says stuff like that just to see what our faces are going to be like after.  

Anyway, she said, "I don´t want to go to church anymore."........ just to see our faces.  And then she said, "Nah, I am just kidding, I already talked to the bishop, I am going to be baptized January 18, and I want both of you to be there."  It´s right after transfers so we don´t know if we will be here, but the important part is that she is going to do it.  

It was a great week full of ups and downs.  Sorry that all my thoughts are super jumbled, but oh well.  Merry christmas to everyone!
 

With My Gift From Hermana Rozsa.


With Our Christmas Gifts
 

No comments:

Post a Comment