Monday, July 1, 2013

Being in a different country, there are A LOT of things that are different!


Hermana Vawdrey and Hermana Squire


 I made a list of a few things:

1) My Mission President doesn't speak English. This makes it really difficult because there is a slight gap in everything because I really don´t understand very well still. 

2) Sometimes the water and power just randomly start working.  Sometimes that happens right when I want to take a shower.  Anyway, the other day the water wasn't working so I had to boil some water on the stove and use it to take a sponge bath.  It was a lot of fun.


This is how we have to cook a cake - because the gas on the oven won't stay on.

3) The driving. I know I already mentioned it, but it´s bad.  The city that I am in is a lot smaller than anywhere else so it´s not as bad here, but in Bahia it is awful.  Our AP may or may not have almost killed all of us. 

4) Rats live in our ceiling and we have a lot of fun listening to them at night. 

5) Dogs.  They are everywhere, so if I come back with Rabies, don´t judge me.

6) We aren't allowed to drink the water here at all. 

7)  There is NO carpet here.  Literally, none anywhere.  So please just lay on your carpet and enjoy it.


Hermana Squire sick, laying on the hard floor.

8)  The food here is amazing!  Empenadas and Milanesa.. it´s all super amazing.

Well yeah, this was an interesting week because we were actually sick for the majority of it.  But it was pretty funny because as soon as we were feeling better to go out and work, we got a call from the zone leaders saying that we had to get on a bus to go to Bahia Blanca that night.

So it was exciting.  We left at about 11:00 at night, got to Bahia at 4:00 in the morning, went to a random house to sleep for an hour, and then stood in a line so that the missionaries could renew their visas.  Then, later that night, we got on a bus back to Santa Rosa.  On the bus, they played to movie Planet of the Apes super loud.  So now I can say that I saw Planet of the Apes on my mission. 

Other than that, we are feeling a lot better now, so I am sure that we will get a lot of work done this week.


Us with our makeshift back packs to carry groceries.


If you guys want to write me/send me your wedding invitations, please do. 

Hermana Squire with Mishy Mishy.

Mishy Mishy after he showed back up at our apartment.






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I have never laughed so hard!! Her email is GREAT! I LOVED seeing the pictures of the apartment and how they have to bake a cake!!!! :-)
    And laying on the floor....no carpet.... cracked me up!!
    Thanks for posting and sharing!!
    I am SO happy that they are together!!

    ReplyDelete