Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My First Companion in Argentina: Cydnee Squire!


My District in Salt lake.

First off, I have absolutely no idea how to use this keyboard.  In spanish they do not have apostrophes or something, because I cannot seem to get them to work at all.  Trust me, I have been trying this whole time.  Well, I feel like there is so much to write because it has been two weeks since I have been able to write you.  Well, the week before I left was pretty hectic.  We had a baptism on that saturday and then we spoke in church on Sunday.  It was a weekend full of seeing people and getting all of the loose ends tied up before I left!  I really do miss the Utah Salt Lake City mission because I was able to meet so many amazing people there!

Now for Argentina.  To be honest, the first three days are a total blur because we got up at 4:45 to leave for the airport.  Our flight left, and we went to California.. and then to Atlanta.. then to Buenos Aires.  I know that sounds short, but it was already the next day.  When we landed in Buenos Aires.. we had no idea what we were doing because our flight plans ended, but we were not in our area at all.  Let{s just say that I have never followed so many random people who do not speak the same language.  We followed someone into a van with all of the other missionaries going to Cordoba and Mendosa.  We had no idea where we were going.  Also, everyone here drives CRAZY!  They do not have lanes in the road and apparently you do not have to stop at stop signs if you do not want to.  Anyway, we were driving and then the lady who was driving just says, do we have the Bahia Blanca sisters? Once we established that we were there, she pulled over and pretty much just said, get out!  We did.. and once again we were on some street on the side of the road without a clue of what we were doing.. without our luggage. 

Anyway, we were at a church building in Buenos Aires and we ate with a lot of other missionaries that were coming and going from all the different missions.  After about 5 hours of being there, they shipped us off to a different airport. When we got there, luckily President and his wife were there to greet us! We stayed with them that night, and then went to the mission office in the morning.  That is when they told us who our companions are and where we are going to be serving.  Who knew that I would be with Cydnee Squire! CRAZY!  We are serving in Toay, La Pampa.  It is so different.  The people. The food.  Everything.  Well, I am still trying to figure everything out.. so yeah, we will see how it all goes.

I love you all, and now you can all write me to the mission office! Woot woot!


Hermana Naylor, Vincent and I at the Mission Home.  Three days in the same clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment