Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm going to Argentina!



The exotic animals of Tooele.

This week was pretty intense. We are still trying to build up the area, and if I do say so myself, we are doing an excellent job. We now have quite a few people to teach, and we are being busier and busier.

Miracles. Sometimes we are just in the right place at the right time, even if we don't realize it. We had a miracle that was pretty intense the other day. We went to go see a former investigator, and as we walked past, we saw a man smoking. We smiled and said, "Hello" and then continued to walk up the stairs. As we knocked on the door, I got a really strong feeling that we needed to go back and talk to him. I think we had both gotten the same feeling because when I turned to Sister Martin and said, "We should go back and talk to that guy." No questions were asked, and we went. We walked up to him, and started talking. He asked us what religion we were from, and once we said, "LDS" tears began to fill his eyes. He talked to us ALOT about what had happened in his life, and it was definitely ALOT. He told us about how much he loved the church, but couldn't seem to ever live it. He told us about his addiction to alcohol to the point that he had left his wife and kids for the desire to drink. Everytime he talked about the Chuch, he started to cry. He told us that, "he knew it wasn't a coincidence that we walked by" and promised us that he "would never dust of off his shoes again." We got him at the perfect time because he even told us that if we would have knocked on his door, he would have avoided us. We don't know where it's going to go, but for that time, we knew that we were in the right place at the right time, and it was absolutely amazing.

He even gave us permission to use that story in our farewell talk. He was really cool, but he has a lot to work through. I won't be here to see his whole process, but I am going to make sure that he is taken care while I am gone. He's an awesome guy, and it doesn't matter where he's at now because God will always love him.

This is what happens when all of the supplies are in the furthest part of the trunk!
Also, We have a baptism for June 15.. so it's two days before I leave. Emma is absolutely awesome, and she is so prepared! Her confirmation is at the same time that my companion and I are speaking in church. Luckily we just got a car, so anything is possible! It will be interesting to be 20 minutes late to the meeting that I am speaking it, but yeah...

Also, my visa came ya'll. So the next time that you hear from me, I will be in Argentina.


The exotic flowers of Tooele.

No comments:

Post a Comment