Monday, March 4, 2013

The MTC is Great!





 So... The MTC is great. My concept of time has been severely messed up because the minutes seem like hours, and the hours seem like minutes. If you have been on a mission, then you probably know what I am talking about. We wake up (early), Go study, eat breakfast, study, study, study, lunch, study, study, study, dinner, study, study, bed. Yet, we are able to have so much fun!

The mission really is a unique time in our lives that we don't have to worry about jobs, school, or elementary school problems like four square. WAIT. Scratch that, Four square is a huge deal here. In fact, I got kicked out the game for all of gym time the other day. But as I was saying, you don't worry about the same problems. Don't get me wrong, you have many other stresses to deal with (language, lack of time, early mornings). All in all though, it is absolutely amazing to be here, and I will be sad when I have to leave. IF I leave. Getting visas for Argentina is nearly impossible, so it is very probable that I will be reassigned before being able to go. It's pretty crazy, but hopefully I get there someday. Don't cry for me, Argentina.

So I got to see Ashley (cough cough... I mean, Sister Mecham) quite a few times, and that was just great! It finally hit us that we probably wouldn't see each other for a long time so we actually had to say goodbye. We kept postponing it, but eventually she flew to the Philippines and now she is there! It really is so crazy how many people that I see here that I know. I don't know where they keep coming from, they're popping out of the snow like daisies!
Really, this is the only place in the world where you will ever be surrounded by thousands of other missionaries, and it is awesome! Last night, M. Russell Ballard came to speak.. and that was pretty cool.

The Spanish is coming along alright. It's really sad to remember how much I have forgotten since High School. At the same time, however, it's really cool to see how fast it comes back. The other day we were talking to a lady who volunteered in Spanish.  Hermana Vincent and I had an actual conversation with her. I really wasn't thinking too much about it either, which was absolutely awesome. We really are blessed to be able to speak and understand faster, but you also have to work very hard to be able to qualify for the blessings.

So my district is absolutely wonderful! There are four elders and six hermanas: Elder Cazier, Elder Nelson, Elder Richardson, Elder Lee, Hermana Hardy, Hermana Kalama, Hermana Cleveland, Hermana Miner, and my companion Hermana Vincent. We have so much fun together, but we are also able to focus and study a lot! I could not have been blessed with a better district! Oh, and Hermana Kalama is from Hawaii.. and she worked at the Polynesian Cultural Center so she taught me how to dance, and she's going to set me up when I get back!

I love you all, but my time is running out.

- Hermana Vawdrey












No comments:

Post a Comment