Monday, March 18, 2013

HOLA!

Today means that we have been here 4 weeks now. It's weird to think that we're the ones that are counting down the days before we leave. It feels really weird when we are giving advice to the incoming missionaries because we haven't really been here all that long, but it's kind of fun for people to think we are knowledgeable.

The MTC is such an unusual place because you will be so happy, then you'll be crying because your sad, and then you'll be crying because you're happy, and then you'll be laughing because you're crying, and then you'll be crying because you feel like it, and then you'll be tired (you're always tired.) because of everything. Seriously, it's one big emotional roller coaster here, and it's really funny because the boys in the district never understand why we're crying or laughing. Poor innocent boys, but they're great. They really are!
So Daylight Savings was awful. I didn't think that I would have a problem being tired because I haven't really struggled to much in the past, but Sunday was so long. We went to choir practice because we thought that it might be a good idea to stay awake. NOPE. We said the opening prayer so I bowed my head, and I don't remember anything about the prayer. After a little bit, I hear, "Did she ever get back up after the prayer?" Apparently I fell asleep pretty instantaneously. Just so you know, I was not the only one. One of the girls in my district was singing the song in her sleep, and it was really funny.

Also, when I get back.. I hope that you are all ready to play some four square because I don't want to brag or anything, but I have really improved my skills.. or maybe the people who were good just left? Either way, I hope you guys are up for a challenge.

Things here are great! I love my companion, and all of the people in my district! If you were wonder if this church was true, well it is! It's so great! It's great being a missionary!

-Hermana Jamie Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment