Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tres Arroyos


This is my zone in Mar del Plata Centro!

First off, I love tres arroyos!  It´s absolutely beautiful here.  Hermana Boyce and I get along really really well!  We pretty much live in an area really excluded from the rest of the mission.  We are 3 hours from Bahía Blanca and 2 hours from Necochea.  So we are far away from everyone, but we have 4 elders here with us.  All in all, this place is awesome.  The people are really welcoming and nice.  

As for the miracles.  We were walking last monday as our first real day as a companionship.  We walked and we saw a man on the side of the street.  We were headed to an appointment, but we decided that we could at least give him a card or something.  He was really willing to talk to us and he explained stuff about the people who lived in the Americas.  We pulled out the Book of Mormon and started to explain, then he says, "Yeah, I have already read that."  A lot of people say that, so obviously we doubted it.  We asked him what he remembered.  Then he said, "It actually makes a lot of sense because they would be the descendents of the lamanites and the records of the prophets would be written somewhere because God loves everyone and when the plates were burried in hill Cumorah, it seems like a way that God would preserve His records."   We just sat there without saying anything because we didn´t know how to respond.  It was almost uncomfortable.  Then we asked, "Are you sure that you aren´t already a member?"  Then he explains to us, "No, I know that baptism is important, but I don´t want to get baptized just to say that I have done it.  When I choose a religion, it´s not going to be an easy religion.  We have commandments to test our faith and obedience so no, I never got baptized."  THEN he starts explaining that he has read the Liahona and teachings of the prophets.  So yeah, he believes it´s true, but didn´t know what to do.  So that was pretty much mind blowing.  

Apart from that, we are meeting really awesome people everyday.  Even when it is raining really hard!  Seriously, but we are an awesome companionship.  The other day it was raining so hard that the street was pretty much a river.  My companion didn`t know how to cross because it was really really deep!  Luckily I had boots so I just say, "Get on my back!"  After persuading her, I gave her a piggy back ride through the water.  It was funny because a line of cars came at that exact moment.  And my companion is really tall, so it was a pretty interesting view.
But really, we are enjoying the mission so much and working really hard!  

I have no more time, but I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment