Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Week at the Hospital / Alicia is Baptized!

Street Sign Puede Ser
Greetings from Mar del Plata.  This morning we had interviews with Presidente and so we had to travel super early to Mar del Plata. And the interenet in this Cyber is pretty slow so I am sorry if I can´t write very much this week.  Also, my camera doesn´t work in this computer so I have no pictures this week.  Which is a bummer because we had so many things happen today. 
 
Live Frog!
 
At the Hospital.
Monday, right after talking to you guys, we went to the hospital.  Hermana Llave, the new hermana that arrived a week go had problems with her legs.  She got hospitalized for 4 days.  So that´s where we were this week.  We were doing divisones every 4 hours so that work could be done from each companionship.  We took turns staying the night there, too so that was pretty fun.  She got out of the hospital Thursday.  Right after that, we had a baptismal interview for Alicia, and while she was being interviewed the other hermanas called us to tell us that I needed to go to Bahía Blanca with Hermana Ortiz so that she could get her documents here in Argentina.  That night we left, we traveled all night, arrived, did our thing, and then we left for Mar del Plata.  We stayed in Mar del Plata with the other hermanas because there were no more buses to Balcarce after midnight.  We woke up to travel to Balcarce, arrived, and then practically went straight to the baptism.  I don´t know if any of that made sense, but let´s just say that it was a really really interesting week.  But it was also a lot of fun.  We got to talk to other missionaries.  A lot of traveling, but that´s okay, I quite like it.
Tender Loving Care for Alicia!

But now I am going to talk about the baptism.  I wish that I could send a picture this time, but I can´t.  Maybe after I figure everything out, I will be able to send something.  I don´t know.  Anyway, we had the baptism two days ago.  Alicia didn´t want anyone to be there, she just wanted to do it and get it over with.  She arrived on time and was pretty excited.  She has 82 years, but a really strong personality so she wouldn´t admit that she was excited.  
 
Alicia's Baptism.



Even though she didn´t want anyone there, there was still a lot of support from the members.  Everything went really well.  When she entered the font, she was really scared because she can hardly bathe herself.  Hermano said the words of the baptism and then she got even more scared.  Hermano Ruiz pretty much pushed her under the water, and when she came up, she was really really emocional.  She began to cry (but don´t worry, tears of joy).  Hermano Ruiz gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.  It was really really sweet.  All in all, it was a really good, interesting week and we are looking forward to working this week, too.

I think that´s about it for now.  Lot´s of love from Argentina!

No comments:

Post a Comment