Monday, July 28, 2014

I now have a very strong testimony about fasting!

It snowed!

We made treats.

So that you all have an idea of how we feel here, it is soooo cold!  The other day, Hermana Boyce started to scream during our studies.  I thought she was having a heart attack or something, but no she just had looked out the window and saw snow.  IT SNOWED.  It never snows here. So it was a miracle, and it made us really really happy!  So that was a pretty exciting thing that happened this week!

We had interviews this morning and I am pretty sure this ciber is going to close pretty soon, but I will try to write as much as I can before we need to go.  I don´t know if I have explained the siesta, but EVERYTHING closes at about 1:00 and stays closed to about 5:00.. everyday.  It´s great, but when you are trying to preach people the gospel, it´s a little bit harder.  But anyway, this week. SO MANY MIRACLES!

The other week, our Zone Leaders decided to invite us to do a group fast where each companionship chooses a day in the week so that for two weeks, someone is always fasting!  So I now have a very strong testimony about fasting.  We started our fast last monday night and ended tuesday night.  Wednesday, we went to visit Oscar and Nilda.  We entered and he began to tell us about a dream that he had had the night before about the church and that he really felt that it was the true church.  He was actually dreaming about what seems to be the temple, but when he woke up he told everything to his wife, Nilda.  Nilda asked him what he thinks it means and why it happened.  All he said was that, "The hermanas must have prayed really hard last night for us to receive an answer."  Little did they know, we fasted for them!  It was pretty remarkable.  I am sure that I cannot accurately explain myself, but that was what happened and it was a really beautiful experience.  He still has some doubts about things so they cannot be baptized quite yet, but we are trying to help them to resolve all of their doubts.  So we are still praying for them and trying to help them.  We have also been finding a bunch of people to teach so you can say that everything is going really well here in Argentina!  I love it here so much!

Well that´s great, I love you all, but more importantly, God loves you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment