Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The World Cup is starting, and people are CRAZY here in Argentina!

Hermana Marple and I.

Reinforcements in Quequen with Hermana Marple and the zone.
Messing around in a tire.


So first of all. The world cup is starting and it́s starting to get pretty crazy here in Argentina! But when I mean crazy, I mean CRAZY! There are count downs everywhere of when the games start and when Messi plays, all the doors are closed and everyone drinks.. So I feel like this week is going to be a little interesante. Wéll just knock doors in an area where nobody has TV́s. Anyway, this week was fantastic!

We had a few experiences that were awesome. The other day, we were walking in an area that we dońt go to a lot because it́s really far away, but we felt like we needed to go. We were walking and we saw a family. I felt like we needed to talk to a lady that was standing outside. We went to a different house first to see if one of the members still lived there, but afterwards we decided to go to her house to talk to her. It was so interesting. She is absolutely fantastic and muy amable. We were talking to her for a good while and then her husband got home. When he talks like an Evangelic priest, but hés really awesome. But he says to us, "Okay, it́s just really weird because last night I was praying to God with all of my heart and now you guys are in my house. My brother is a member of your church and always invites me. Maybe God is telling me that I need to go." Obviously that́s what happened because we are never that far away. So that́s a family of three that we are now working with.
Also, we are preparing a Yamila (sha mee la) for her baptism this Saturday. Shés like 13 years old and goes to church by herself. All of her family are members, but they are all less active. But with all of our visits we are helping all of them to get back there. It́s absolutely awesome to see the progression of all of them. So yeah, it́s been an interesting week. and Now, I dońt have anymore time.

Love you all!

Also, not only the world cup, but the people are obsessed with One Direction here. I dońt know how it is back in the states, but here it́s absolutely awful!

We made roast beef.
Home made churros.
This Pretty much describes our companionship!



Homemade marshmallows  to eat S'mores.

No comments:

Post a Comment